Privacy and Data Notice
Effective date: August 16, 2021
This Privacy and Data Notice (“Notice”) describes the handling of personal information, non-personal information and other data (“data”) collected, used and disclosed by Staples Canada ULC, Staples Professional Inc. and/or any of their respective affiliates and associates in connection with Staples Professional, Staples Preferred, and related services and programs (collectively, “services”) where this Notice is posted.
We reserve the right to change this Notice at any time. When the Notice is revised, the date of the latest revision will appear at the top of this page. If you object to any content of this Notice, you should not provide us with your data or use the services.
The data we collect.
We collect the following data, in the following ways:
- We collect data that you provide us directly, for example, your name, title/profession, company/organization name, business address, business e-mail and phone number, other contact details, business details such as number of employees as well as business needs (e.g. the services you require). We may also collect your payment information (e.g. corporate credit card) to process your purchase.
- We may obtain data about you from other sources for purposes such as prospecting and/or enhancing the data you have provided.
- We have a record of your transactional spend data with Staples.
How we use the data.
We may use the data in the following ways to:
- process and respond to your application for our services, for example, to schedule a visit to your site to provide our business and other services.
- process, fulfill and manage your membership/program requests.
- process, fulfill and manage your orders, refunds or exchanges, to provide customer service, to identify your preferences, and to provide you services across multiple devices.
- conduct sales research and analysis, create internal reports, manage our business operations and anonymize data.
- to comply with legal matters, investigations, enforce our terms and agreements, and as otherwise required by applicable laws and regulations.
- provide and manage our promotional and marketing efforts, including tailoring your membership rewards, to market products and services, including serving you interest-based advertising, and with your consent, to send you promotional electronic messages.
How we share data.
We may share data with other parties, such as:
- within the Staples’ family of companies, including our affiliates and associates.
- with service providers that process data on our behalf, including payment processors, credit providers, call centers, delivery services (for example, UPS and FedEx) and website analytics (for example, Google Analytics).
- with promotional partners to provide you with offers and promotions that may be of interest to you (only with your consent).
- in the event of a transaction, such as merger, acquisition, sale or restructuring involving all or a portion of our company or any of our affiliates or associates.
We will use commercially reasonable safeguards to keep your data confidential, including with respect to any transfer to an affiliate, associate or service provider. Your data may be processed and stored outside of Canada, including the United States, and subject to the laws of that jurisdiction.
Data options and questions.
You can click “unsubscribe” to stop receiving promotional emails or other promotional electronic messages.
To learn how to opt out of advertising-related cookies, click here. You can learn more about third party advertiser cookies, as well as opt-out of advertising cookies, by visiting www.youradchoices.ca. If your browsers are configured to reject cookies, or if you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different device or change web browsers, your opt-out may become ineffective and may need to be repeated.
Any privacy and data-related questions may be directed to: [email protected]